If you’re having problems with the quality or fit of your picture, read the instructions below.
If your picture is not in the centre of your screen, try adjusting the screen position by following these instructions.
1. Go to the Wii Menu, click ‘Wii Settings’ and select ‘Screen’
2. Choose the ‘Screen Position’ option
3. Select left or right to move your screen in that direction
4. Confirm your selection by pressing the A Button
From the Wii Menu you can select the Widescreen Settings. Choose whether you would like to view your Wii in Widescreen (16:9) or Standard (4:3). You should also change your settings on your TV to match your selection.
You can also select what resolution your TV is, so that your gaming experience can be enhanced. To view EDTV or HDTV quality gaming, you must have a High Definition TV or Enhanced Definition TV.
– Select this display output if you’re using the Wii Component AV cable to connect with your HDTV or EDTV.
50Hz (576i) – Select this display output when you’re using any other kind of cable to connect with your television, for example the standard Wii AV cable.
60Hz (480i) – Select this display output when you’re using any other kind of cable to connect with your television – for example the standard Wii AV cable – and both your TV and the software you’re using support 60Hz (480i) mode.
Once you’ve made your selection, confirm by pressing the A Button.
Please contact Nintendo Customer Support here, or call +44 (0)345 6050247 for further advice.